Bent Garage Door Track
A malfunctioning or broken garage door track can affect the performance of the entire mechanism and can also render it useless in worst cases. These parts should, therefore, be repaired or replaced immediately. In case the homeowner has no experience in performing garage door track repair or mending bent garage door track, it is in the best of their interests to hire the services of a professional adept at providing garage door repair, garage door track repair services.
We, at Cincinnati Garage Door Experts are one such provider and have a good track record for providing quality garage door track repair and other services like garage door spring, garage door opener repair, garage door roller etc. We maintain an in-house team of garage door experts who have been providing quality services for years.
There are two types of tracks that a typical door is equipped with and that are vertical and horizontal garage door tracks. Both the types are prone to wear and tear with passage of time. They tend to bend and need to be repaired or replaced immediately.
Bent garage door tracks must be fixed immediately to prevent further damage in the future. When facing such problems, it is advisable you give us a call. Let our expert technicians take a look as soon as you find your door tracks are not working properly. These experts are trained to handle emergency situations and will provide an effective and swift solution to your garage door issues. These individuals will also examine each and every part, including garage door track extension to ensure that the door works smoothly.
ESSENTIAL TIPS FOR DIYERS
Homeowners preferring to attempt a DIY should follow the below mentioned steps. Doing so will ensure that the job is executed smoothly, safely and accurately:
- First and the foremost, the person performing the task should gather all the required articles that includes: Vise grips (2 pairs), hammer, pliers, track bolts (1/4 inch flat and nuts), socket wrench (preferably with a 7/16-inch socket)
- The door should be opened to ensure that the bottom end is past the seam between the vertical track and the horizontal one.
- Next, a pair of vise grips should be clamped surrounding the front corner of the horizontal track. The handles should pint towards the center of the door. The other pair (of vise grips) should be placed at the other roller located on the opposite end.
- Next the claw of the hammer should be placed over the top end of the bent bracket. The hammer should be pulled to the right or the left side until the bracket straightens.
- Further, the track bolts that are used to secure the vertical track should be removed. In case the track is equipped with rivets, homeowners can use 7/16-inch drill bit to perform this step.
- The track should be bent straight with the help of pliers or hammers. However, in case the track is beyond repairs, a new one has to be purchased.
- Next the track should be attached to the wall. The tracks can also be secured using a 1/4 - inch flat track bolts.
- The final steps involve holding the door open to gradually release the vice grips. The rollers should be guided through the track. The track should be pushed downwards.
It is advisable that inexperienced homeowners refrain from attempting a DIY when facing garage door track repair or garage door spring issues. Instead they are advised to give us a call and Cincinnati Garage Door Experts ensure that all their issues are addressed in a professional and methodical manner.